Our Proud College
MOTENSAR MEMORIAL ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE SIRSI,
was formerly known as M M ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE SIRSI is the mother of all constituent
schools and colleges of Bapuji Educational Association. Previously
it was a Government intermediate college started in 1947 and was
run by the Government of Mysore. The Bapuji Educational Association
took over this college in 1958. (Perhaps first of its kind) and
converted in to A First Grade Arts, Commerce and Science college.
Being the only college in and around SIRSI. It catered to the
educational needs of people both rural and urban. It is named after
the donor Sri Dharma Rathnakara Rajanahalli Maddurayappa, (DRM)
The college, owing
to its increasing strength, was bifurcated into DRM Science College
and ARG college of Arts and Commerce in 1973. The college which
was formerly affiliated to Mysore University and then Kuvempu University
now has the permanent affiliation to SIRSI University, SIRSI.
This is an aided college, and recognized by the UGC under 2(f),
12(b) and is getting UGC grants.
The Government of
Karnataka took a decision to separate P.U. classes from Composite
Degree College. Accordingly the college was further bifurcated into
DRM PU Science College and DRM Science College in 2001.
The other details regarding admissions, programmes offered and fee
structure etc., are given in the College Prospectus.